- Product Name:
AcuteTaq DNA Polymerase
- Type:Molecular Diagnostics
Taq DNA Polymerase is a highly thermostable DNA polymerase of the thermophilic bacterium Thermus aquaticus. The enzyme catalyzes 5'→3' synthesis of DNA, has no detectable 3'→5' exonuclease (proofreading) activity, and possesses 5'→3' exonuclease activity. In addition, Taq DNA Polymerase exhibits deoxynucleotidyl transferase activity, which frequently results in the addition of extra adenines at the 3'-end of PCR products.
- Purity:90%±5% by SDS-PAGE
- Storage:Long term storage at -20 °C, short term storage at 4 °C
- EC No.:EC 220.127.116.11
- Active:5 U/μL
- Activity is defined:One unit is defined as the amount of polymerase that incorporates 10 nmoles of dNTPs into acid-precipitable DNA in 30 minutes at 72 °C under standard assay conditions.
- Application:cDNA synthesis, PCR