- Product Name:
- Type:Molecular Diagnostics
- Alias:Endopeptidase K,Tritirachium alkaline proteinase
Proteinase K is a serine protease that is used to digest proteins and remove contamination from nucleic acid preparations. In molecular biology research, adding Proteinase K to nucleic acid preparations inactivates nucleases that could degrade DNA or RNA during isolation and purification applications.
- Purity:≥95% by SDS-PAGE
- Storage:The shelf life of the lyophilized form is 24 months at -20℃/-80℃, 18 months at 4℃, and 12 months at room temperature.
- Application:Genomic Genomic DNA,RNA Purification, Gene diagnostic kit, ISH
- Source:Tritirachium album Limber
- EC No.:22.214.171.124
- Activity is defined:One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme that catalyzes the formation of 1 umol of tyrosine per minute at pH 7.5 at 37°C.
- Thermal stability:Enzyme activity maintains above 95% when it store at 4℃ for 1 year
- Size:100mg, 1g, 1kg
- 图 片:
(Tris-Glycine gel) Discontinuous SDS-PAGE (reduced) with 5% enrichment gel and 15% separation gel.The purity and the molecular weight of CUSAg proteinase K were over 95% and 28.9 kDa by SDS-PAGE.
According to the absorbance A275 for the vertical axis, the different concentrations of tyrosine as the horizontal axis, the standard curve was drawn. Then, the enzyme activity was 30U/mg by calculating.
The proteinase K was stored at 4°C for one year. Enzymetic activities were asaayed every month during one year.As shown in Fig.3, it indicates that proteinase K is stable and enzyme activity is maintained more than 95%.
Activity measurements from CUSAg were compared to from three other vendors. Proteinase K from CUSAg is better than other vendors.
Detect Nucleic acid residue by agarose gel electrophores
Detect DNase residue by agarose gel electrophores
Detect RNase residue by agarose gel electrophores
- Apply for Free Trial and Get Price